The legality of spy cameras is a topic of great concern on the subject of using it to ensure child protection. A lot of countries around the world have declared the use of spy cameras illegal. With different judicial systems maintaining different laws regarding nanny cams, generalizing surveillance installation methods is a little difficult. But for working parents, this is a miraculous invention.
Benefits of Nanny Cams
- Constant surveillance: Trusting a stranger with your child is very scary. The risk of leaving your child at home is gargantuan. Nanny cameras have made the process easy because it allows you to constantly keep an eye and ear on your child and his caregiver.
- Evidence: The most important use of a spy camera is its ability to collect evidence. In a circumstance where an untoward incident has taken place, the footage on your spy camera can help you seek legal action.
- Peace of Mind: You might not be able to prevent a regrettable situation, but you can be at peace knowing that if something happened, you would be aware. For caregivers who engage in bad habits or do not follow instructions, a spy camera can help you catch them red-handed.
- Constant Accessibility: Most spy cams now are compatible with smartphones. Whether you are in a meeting or having lunch, you can always keep an eye on your child from your phone.
How to effectively install nanny cams?
Installation of nanny cams comes bound in legal strings. A lot of places provide legal permits for installing nanny cams in your homes, with permission to only selective places. For effective use of your spy cam, the best places to install them are:
- Bright areas: Lighting plays an important role in recording live footage. Wherever you install the spy cam, make sure the lighting in the section is not disruptive.
- Chokepoint: Try to angle the lens of the camera to focus on the main action point in the room. This is the chokepoint, and your position should give a clear vantage into the main area of activity. For example, hallways, gates, exits, etc.
- Correct SD card: Find out the speed and class of SD card your camera can support. Using the right SD card can help you record high definition footage at the right speed.
- Surroundings: Make complete use of your surroundings for added advantage when positioning a nanny cam in your house.